Monday, April 12, 2010

Smoke Alert

I am some years removed from the academic study of business and economics. Even then I was never unperplexed. Recently I have realized how truly ignorant I must be. On a daily basis I hear an ad on radio for "Smoke Alert", a product promoted as a stop-smoking aid. Credit for the product's development is given to Dr. Richard Sandfor,or Sydnor. According to the announcer,Dr.Syndor(it sounds like that too)is so certain of the effectiveness of his creation that he is offering it to the public for FREE. This is a business plan with which I am unfamiliar. Assuming some profit motive existed during the development of the treatment,it would seem the customer should be require to make at least a modest investment in it. As it stands, this promotion constitutes the most brutal attack on the "money-back guarantee" promise I have yet seen. If the product fails, what's the consumer to do? If,on the other hand, it works it will certainly be recommended to others. Either way seems likely to bankrupt the company. Totally ignoring this commercial, or failing to act on it, seem to be the only ways to assure the survival of this health-producing creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment